About The Contest
Write India Junior (Ages 10 – 14)
Turn the tables and write for children’s author Bulbul Sharma. Write India Junior is a unique platform that gives wings to the dreams of the tiny aspiring writers.
PASSAGE BY BULBUL SHARMA
The trees swayed in the wind and a flash of lighting lit up the entire forest. Suddenly, in a pool of light a strange creature with silver wings emerged . “Please .. help…me….
WRITE INDIA RULES
1. Read carefully the passage provided by the author. You can use it anywhere in your story.
2. Please follow the rules. If your story does not abide by the rules, it shall be considered disqualified.
3. DO NOT tamper with the Author’s passage. Entries with ‘split’ passage or with any kind of change in the passage will be disqualified.
4. Stick to a minimum of 1000 words and a maximum of 1500 words.
5. The story must be written in English. Be careful with your editing, grammar and punctuation. Though we are primarily looking for good storytellers, language skill will strengthen your case in case of a tie.
6. Please submit your story before or on the last day of the contest for it to be considered. Only entries submitted till midnight of May 15 will be considered.
7. If you send more than one entry, please remember we will be considering only the last one sent.
8. We consider only Word Documents or PDFs. DO NOT upload or email scanned or JPEG files of your story. Such entries will be disqualified.
9. Age limit is 10 years to 14 years. We would need your school ID for verification, later, on demand only.
For any queries, you can email us at [email protected] or call us at 0120-677699 ext. 7223